MEMBER JOB DESCRIPTION for
ADVISORY COUNCIL OF
CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS AGENCY ON AGING
An Advisory Council Member Shall:
- Represent the interests of all elders throughout the region by joining with Central Massachusetts Agency on Aging to actively encourage the elders to participate in the advocacy and planning process and to evaluate and comment, where appropriate, on programs and activities affecting elders within the service area.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Central Massachusetts Agency on Aging needs assessment; to conduct public hearings; to recommend funding priori- ties based on the findings of the needs assessment and public hearings.
- Develop and prioritize service objectives and advocate for the inclusion of such objectives in the area plan.
- Advise Central Massachusetts Agency on Aging on all vital matters relating to the development, the administration, and operations conducted under the area plan.
- Review, comment and make recommendations to the Board of Directors on Title III allocations as submitted to the Advisory Council from the Central Massachusetts Agency on Aging Planning and Allocations Committee.
- Serve as a forum for both local and regional advocacy issues and where information on programs and services impacting elders can be delivered.
- The Council shall carry out advisory functions which further the Agency on Aging's mission of developing and coordinating community-based systems of services for all older persons in the planning and service area.
[Advisory Council Overview Page] | [Advisory Council Volunteer Application]